As state and local governments continue to revise and improve safety guidelines during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, many people are understandably nervous and confused about resuming normal activities like going to the dentist for a non-emergency treatment or procedure.
At Manhasset Dental Arts, your oral health and the safety and wellbeing of our patients and community is our number one priority. In order to keep you and our staff safe and to ensure that you can continue to access the dental care you need during the coronavirus pandemic, our dentists and staff are taking a number of additional safety measures and precautions.
Steps we’re taking to keep you safe during your next visit
In addition to the health and safety guidelines already in place, we’ve taken the following additional safety measures to protect our patients and staff during the coronavirus pandemic:
- Installation of a medical-grade central air purifier (super high filtration rate)
- Extra oral suction units on each operatory, or dental workspace
- A separate desk and set of fresh gloves for new patients filling out electronic forms at check-in
- Longer appointment times
- More time allotted to disinfecting each operatory after every patient
- Temperature check on each patient during every encounter using a contactless forehead thermometer
- Temperature check on staff members twice a day
- Peroxide rinse for patients at each visit
- Fewer patients in the waiting room and in the office at any given time
- More personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gowns, bouffants, face shields, and N95 respirator masks for staff
This is in addition to the rigorous health and safety standards already in place at our office in Manhasset, New York.
Additional precautions you can take
We believe that you can never be too careful, and we want to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible at your next visit to our office. To ensure the safety of our staff and all of our patients, we recommend that you call ahead before your appointment with any questions or concerns about our safety protocols. If you’re not feeling well, we ask that you schedule an appointment for when you’re feeling better.
Please continue to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines for social distancing and other precautions to protect yourself and your fellow patients and dental staff during your visit.
We understand that these are challenging and stressful times and we’re committed to providing our patients the dentistry and oral health services they need under the safest circumstances. If you have any questions or concerns about your next appointment at Manhasset Dental Arts, please contact us today and let us know how we can help. We look forward to your visit!